05 May 2014

Cosas Pequeñas Y Sencillas

Hello Hello Hello!! 
Another GREAT week we've had here! Im loving every minute of every day right now! My companion is AMAZING, we are seeing lots of success, and we have lots of fun together! 

My Birthday was fun too... cant believe I'm 21! Especially when the whole world still tells me I look like I'm 18 ;) hehe But it was a good day! 
We went to Antofagasta, traveled Wednesday night, leaving at 9:30, and leaving Antofagasta at 6pm the next night. But the meeting was great, and it was fun to see a bunch of my old friends and companions on my birthday ;) 

This week, we had an activity called Cine Bingo. We watched The Restoration, the 20 minute one, and had bingo cards with phrases from the movie. When you heard the phrase, you marked your card, and whoever got Bingo first, won! It was really fun... but no one won.... haha ;) But it was neat! 

MOTHERS DAY. BENLEY'S CALL. I sure hope she gets it! Yeah, if she does happen to get it on like Wednesday, don't torture her, and she can just open it ;) hehe But I'd like to see too, if she can stand it. But dont plan it all around me. ;) 
We will have to figure out too how to do it, because I cant talk to other people besides family. So maybe if i talk to you all for a while before, then she can open it at the end, and I just hang up there? I dont know. we will see! :D But either way, I'M SO EXCITEDDD!! 
My guess! I never guessed yet. I'm going to guess that Bentley will go somewhere back East.... like Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Virginia... something like that. or foreign.... France or Russia ;) hehe 

You asked me too about my TK20... I dont know what that is... but either way we have to purchase it, so just get it whenever is a good time. i have no idea. ;) 

This week, I was thinking about Alma 37:6-7. How SMALL and SIMPLE things bring about great things. "By very small means the Lord bringeth about the salvation of many souls" It is true!! I was thinking about all the small and simple things we do, say, and how the Spirit testifies of it. Even little small acts of obedience bring great blessings. 
Last Sunday, we had our 2 investigators Jorge and Vanesa (dad and daughter) come to church. I dont remember if I already told you... I hope not. But anyways. We were waiting for Vanesa to get ready, and Jorge shows us a picture of his nephew who passed away a few years back. Jorge's sister and her family are active members of the church, and were in this ward when her son died. He showed us the picture and told us a little about him. Next, we go to church, and in the talk, he mentions this family, and this boy. It was a random story, that didnt seem to have TOO much to do with the talk, but it was exactly what Jorge and Vanesa needed to pay special attention and recieve this little miracle that God knows their needs. 
Another, is a member, Olga, that is doing AWESOME with missionary work. She asked us for some pass-along cards she can give to her clients (she works with "seguros"--I forgot what that is in English... wills and trusts I think?) AWESOME! It just made me think that yeah, maybe no one she directly gives a card to will accept the gospel right away, but maybe one day, a friend will invite them to something, and they will remember the nice lady that gave that card. Our example really affects people. Many people know a member of the church, and will want to listen if they know there are "good people". 
Jorge and Vanesa recieved a special blessing from Bishop this week too, to help them recognize their answers and prepare to be baptized. It was EXACTLY what they both needed. After church, we walked them home, and they were both awe stuck with how perfect it was. I hope they can keep progressing. 
This week too, from little things, I strengthened my testimony. Of planning. In the morning, we planned to visit a few people, and to try a few addresses of less-actives in the ward we didnt know. And we had success! But, that same day, for a few things that came up last minute... we didnt follow our plans, and we didnt have too many lessons that night. Planning really is important. The Spirit can tell us where to go... but we just need to Follow it! 
Also, with the Book of Mormon. We have an investigator that was progressing, kinda. BUT, her neighbor is a member, and this investigator was sick, and "took advantage of the time" to read the Book of Mormon! She told us she LOVES the story of Joseph Smith. She LOVES the Book of Mormon!!! And, the same story of a different investigator. We didnt see her for like 2 weeks, and thought we'd just have to drop her. But, her aunt (lives next door, very active) helped her again, read the Book of Mormon with her, and now is super excited to be baptized! 
There is power in the Book of Mormon, and also, power in working with members. There is more "power" if a member says something sometimes, than the missionaries. Members are "normal" people, and have automatic trust. 
Another small and simple thing, are the missionaries. We are young, we are inexperienced. But we are the ones here, doing the work, learning, growing, strengthening.... We see people every day who are amazed that we left behind our home, family, friends, school, to serve a mission. 80,000 missionaries, in comparison with the population of the world, is small. But 80,000 small things put together, is creating something large and wonderful! 

Work on the small things. Small things really do make great things. Be an example, people notice the difference. Bear your testimony. It doesnt always have to be "Id like to bear my testimony..." just little things "I know that" or "Im happy that.." :) Thats something I've really learned in my mission, not to be afraid or nervous to say what I know. The Spirit can only testify if we bear true testimony, of things we really know and believe. So share it!! 

Im SUPER excited to talk to you all on SUNDAY!! I will call around 6:30 or 7 here. My companion will call her family first, an hour before that. Maybe I can log in real quick before her and ask about Bentley's call and figure something out if she is going to open it. 

I hope you all have a GREAT week!! Remember that I love you LOTS!! and I miss you too, but time goes quick.... (and like you all always remind me :)   ) I'll see you soon... The mission is the best thing in the world, and I know its the only place to really learn and grow. There is no other opportunity or experience I'd trade this knowledge for. The church is true. Christ lives. We have living prophets. That's what makes the difference, and the difference is what makes it true! 



Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Severtson 




No comments:

Post a Comment