28 April 2014

¿Cómo es que no puede enseñarme?

Hola Familia! 
Once again, we had a FANTASTIC week! We've really been starting to see a lot of success here in our sector. We have been recieving LOTS of referrals from members, applying the advice and teachings of the Mission President...and seeing it WORK! Its so great!! We have so many great investigators right now, and they are all thanks to members! 
We've started challenging our new investigators to baptism during our first visit. IT WORKS! At first, I'll admit, I doubted it, thinking it was direct and before we had their confidence. But, if you do it right, its BETTER. They know why we are here to help them, they have a goal, they try harder to get an answer... its awesome! 

We did more splits this week too, fun stuff! I love learning from the other sisters, and getting to know more people! We always see some sort of miracle in the days we do this splits, and I love it! 

We had another FHE in the chapel this week, great like last week! We played some games, had a lesson, and had a little "party" for a future missionary who left TODAY to go to Brasil on his mission! 

I can't believe Bentley sends in her papers THIS WEEK! How awesome! :D I hope I can see her open it.. but it will cut it close! 
Speaking of... MOTHERS DAY! how does 6:30 or 7 sound? Chilean time. I think we are about 3hours difference right now (we had daylight savings on sunday again). Let me know how that sounds, and we can figure it all out. 

We made more Banana Bread again... EVERYONE loves it! And asks us to make it for any excuse they can think of ;)

Thanks also for the birthday wishes! I cant believe another year has passed! 21... !! Im so old... ! haha 

We had interviews with President this week, and the assistants shared a scripture I liked.... 1 Nephi 17:51. I didnt get the chance to read it in English... so ill do a brief translation: If the Lord has shown us so many miracles, how is it that he can't teach me to build a ship
We see SO many miracles. The Lord has ALL power. How is it, If he can show Nephi to build a ship, that he can't show us how to be a better missionary? be more obedient? be more loving? learn better in school? help me with my homework? be an example? .... HE CAN. 
Through prayer, we can see many answers, but we need to just listen. I love the quote "If we want to talk to God, we pray. If we want him to talk to us, we read the scriptures". That's how it is! We recieve so many answers through the scriptures. If we read and apply, we recieve answers to any and everything. I promise! If we have an open mind and start with a prayer, the Lord gives us personal revelation through scripture study. 
He can do all things. He can teach us all things. WE just need to be open and let him. Nothing is too hard for God. 

Thats the challenge this week. Read the scriptures daily, at least a little bit, and see what the Lord is trying to teach you. Set a goal: to try something new, to break a bad habit, anything! And if you do it through prayer and scripture study, He will teach you. 

I know it's true! Ive seen it SO many times in my life, and especially through my mission. He loves us, and wants the best for us. He will teach us! 

I love you all!! I hope you have a great week!! Make a new friend, be an example, and set a new goal! And most important, BE HAPPY!! :D We have so many blessings, more than we can count! So much to be thankful for. 

Love you! 
<3 Hermana Severtson

P.S. My companion and I... finally ;) well take more this week ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment