26 May 2014

¿A Donde debo ir?

Hello Hello Hello!! How is everyone this week? I hope you all enjoyed your last week of school, Porter GRADUATED, and already enjoying your summer vacation. CRAZY that you are already on summer vacation again... I don't know about you... but this year went fast, right?? 

The week for us was great also! We've been focusing on finding this week. Elder Ballard told all the mission presidents a while ago that it would be a good idea to set a standard for the mission to do 20 contacts daily to find new people to teach. This was something that has been hard for me do. BUT, my companion and I set the goal to really focus on this this week. AND, we've seen success! With our goal to find the family, we contact everyone that is walking with a kid, and we've been able to get many addresses and appointments! Not only do we see the blessings of obedience, but the blessing of Talk to EVERYONE! Everyone needs the gospel, everyone is a child of God! "But are kept from the truth because they know not where to find it." 

Also, good news from this week, I went to Priesthood for the first time ;) haha Jorge, our convert from last week, recieved the Priesthood, so my companion and I went to the opening of Priesthood with him to see him recieve it and the blessing. It was so great to see, and I was so happy for him! 

In my study of the Book of Mormon, I read again the story of when Nephi broke his bow (1 Nephi 16: 23, 18-24). I loved what he did. He didn't complain. He had faith in the Lord. He got up and made a new one. And asked the Lord where he should go, willing to go wherever. This is something my companion and I have been praying for, to be guided to the people that are ready. To be guided in what to say. To be guided in what to do. 
Nephi is the best example of this. Especially with even his family complaining. But, humbly went to make a new bow. Complaining wouldn't change the situation.  So, may as well make the best of it! He decided to look for the best in the situation and to solve it. 
I know the Lord will guide us to the people that are ready, will guide us in the right direction with every aspect of our life, and will always always ALWAYS help us! 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Enjoy your first full week of Summer Vacation! 
Love you!! 
--Hermana Severtson

No comments:

Post a Comment