03 June 2013

Kami Letter from Antofagasta (dated 6/3/13)


Hello to the Home Front!

Kami Severtson Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM

¡Hola a la familia mejor en el mundo! :)
This week was another great week!! A crazy week though. My foot started hurting me..about a week and a half or two weeks ago. My shoes were really hurting them. My left foot had hurt a little, then like 2 or 3 days later it went away. So my right foot started hurting, so I figured it would go away too..no. It got worse. Then we went hiking last Monday..and got worse again. I couldn´t walk very well Monday night, Tuesday, Wednesday... Tuesday, Elder Chacon (the Elder who´s a doctor) told me to buy new shoes (which I did wed morning--and had to use my credit card, but i think you said you got that taken care of..so thanks!) and gave me some pills to help with the swelling, because it was pretty swollen. I bought new shoes, and I can tell they´re helping, just still hurting my foot. It´s my heel and achilles (or however you spell that) tendon area. and only when I step down on it. and after I rest and don´t walk for a little bit, it hurts worse. One of the hermanas i live with has sists in her ovaries and in a lot of pain this week. So Friday and Saturday afternoon I stayed home with her to rest my foot. Saturday afternoon, after I had taken all the pills and stuff, and my foot was hurting WORSE, Elder Chacon said we would go to the Clinica (hospital/emergency room) to get an xray. We waited there for probably an hour and a half, finally saw the doctor, she touched my heel and said "ok, buy insoles and you´ll be good. bye." we asked for an xray and she said it´s only for emergencies. So we left. Super lame. Elder Chacon thinks it´s something like tendonitis or something, but we dont know because we didn´t get an xray! Yesterday it felt a LOT better! almost normal. And today hurt a little more than yesterday, but still less than friday/saturday. So if it keeps giving me problems, we´ll go to a different clinica later this week. But I really hope it´s just getting better and better. I have a little limp when I walk. It´s less pain, but still just hard to bend my foot/ankle area.
So, Saturday night/Sunday morning at like 1am, the hermana with the sists had really bad pain. So we all woke up and called Elder Chacon and the elders came and took her to the emergency room. It was kinda crazy. She woke up to go to the bathroom, then got really cold and her hands really shakey. And we were all super tired all Sunday ;)
 
We are teaching two girls right now, neither have a date for a baptism, but hopefully this week. They both were able to come to churchwith us yesterday for the first time! There´s Maria, she´s 16, and has actually gone to church many times with her friend in another ward. She has all the pamphlets an has read them all, just never talked to the missionaries. She´s great! And Francisca. She´s 18, has a baby, and her boyfriend is a less-active member in another ward. She and her boyfriend came yesterday. It´s exciting to finally have people we´re teaching. We´re finally getting the hang of how things work since we´re so new, and how to communicate in Spanish, so it´s super nice! Just that we have transfers again in two weeks. That makes me sad :( But who knows! Maybe we´ll stay together, maybe not. We just gotta see. ;)
 
We had a zone activity today!! We had been "banned" because our zone hasn´t made the baptism goal in 20 months. In the past, they really made goals super high to try to reach them, and never did. So we finally made a reasonabl goal, and got it! So today we played soccer and basketball (I wanted to play SO bad, but couldn´t because of my foot :P) and got approved to watch Remember The Titans! Super fun!
 
That´s awesome Bentley has an interview at Desert Schools!! Which location?? That´s so cool, she´ll love it! It´s a great job! Hey, and maybe when I´m home, I can take her place when she leaves :) haha  And Porter working all day, and Garrett at the Pecans..how awesome ;) start saving now for those missions!!
 
The English classes are going good. last week we only had like 4 people there. 2 recent converts, a less active and her non-member boyfriend. Sometimes we have more, but I kinda like the smaller ones, it´s easier to teach and make sure everyone is understanding. The less active girl told us after that she wants to start going back to church more, and accompany us to some lessons to "re-learn" the gospel stuff!! It was so cool!
 
So remember Sergio? Our ward mission leader went to visit him and give him a blessing. Turns out, luckily, he doesn´t live alone, one of his daughters lives with him. And he thought my comp and I visited him in a dream! He couldnt remember it was real! haha I thought that was really funny ;) We haven´t had the chance to go visit him again, because of the crazy happenings this week, but maybe this week we can stop by again.
 
That´s about all for this week. Miss you all and love you lots!
<3 Hermana Severtson

No comments:

Post a Comment