15 March 2013

Kami MTC Letter (dated March 15, 2013)


I got my travel plans!!!
I leave March 25 at 6am here. my flight is american airlines flight 2692 to LAX at 10:20am and land at 11:15
then from LAX we fly Lan Chile S.A. to Santiago flight 601 at 1:30pm (la time) and get to Santiago at 6am the 26th.
From Santiago we fly to Antofagasta Lan Chile flight 128 at 7:30 and get to Antofagasta at 9:30
!!! i plan to call you most likely in LA, but I will let you know for sure next email. Send me a letter with what time would probably be best for you.
It's all so real now that we have this information!! I am SUPER excited to go to Chile, but at the same time, it kinda freaks me out! haha
we can now count on our hands how many days we have left in the MTC!!!! :D
 
I FINALLY ran into bryndee on Sunday! THen again on Wednesday and Thursday...butonly for like 2 minutes each time. But I'm glad I saw her! She lives in the same building as me, so I told her she HAS to come visit me one of these nights! SHe leaves monday, so we only have a couple days left!
 
We got to host on Wednesday..it was super neat! We welcomed the new missionaries, took them to their rooms, got their books, and took them to their class! It was neat to be on the other side of things, and see the helping instead of being the one so lost and confused :)
 
WEdnesday we hit our month anniversary... WHOA!! I can't believe it's been that long! 17 months more! :) That was probably the most filled, long, and busy, but quickest month of my life! The MTC is amazing!
 
Tell Kirk and Keta thanks for that package ;) THe cookies were DELICIOUS!! Very yummy, and all the other snacks too :) And for grandma severtson for the cinnamon rolls. SO GOOD!!
And thanks to you guys for the package, treats, and the shirt! I LOVE THE SHIRT! so, if you DO have time (if not it's okay) could ya make one for my comp's too? :) They liked it too :) But either way, whatever you have time for. It'd probably have to be sent my monday or tuesday to be sure I get it beore I leave. (wow, that makes it sound like i leave SUPER soon!! Which I guess i do..?)  :)
Also, tell Gpa Severtson thanks for his "letter" ;) I was glad to get at least something from him! It was more than he said he would send :)
And to JuLee and kids for their dearelders. :) So fun! Super cute how they all typed them out themselves :)
 
Also, tell Kimilee and Colton thanks for their letters. I will try to write them abck today. It's so nice to hear from friends and family. I was super excited to see I got a letter from them two.
For Cal's call, I'm guessing somewhere in Central America. Like Dom Repub, Cuba, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador...one of those places. SOmething like that. Let me know when he get is, that's super excited! Good for him!
 
Garrett had asked me if I had to speak in church yet... YES. I am so far the only one in my district that has been called. I was asked last Sunday to speak..but it wasn't that bad. We have it all pre-written on what we want to say, so I just had to read it, and hope my spanish grammar was right ;) ALSO last sunday, we did a musical number in sacrament! sis howell, sis johnson, and sis furmann sang in spanish (mas cerca dios de ti--nearer my god to thee) while I played the piano. it was nice to play the piano again, i miss it!!
 
Ok, I'm SO glad we live in AZ, because Daylight Savings is not fun!! haha I'm so glad AZ doesn't participate in that :)
 
So someone came up to me the other day, asking if I have relatives in Oregon, because he knows some Severtson's. Turns out, they spell theirs with SIvertson, but cool huh? And they say their's the same way too!! AND they're members of the church :) I just thought that was cool :)
 
I run into Andrew Neher and Jordan Washburn all the time. I also ran into Seth Bloomfield the other day! His classroom is close to mine, and his schedule with meals and gym is the same, so I see him somewhat often now. Funny, when I as talking to him, he turned to his companion/district adn said "remember when I told you I stuck my booger into that guys hand when he gave me a handshake, that's her dad" :) haha I don't know WHY he told his district that...haha but I thought it was funny!!
 
As of tomorrow, we will have learned every aspect of the Spanish language. !!!WHOAA!!! Next week We'll just review a lot, and go over anything we want to re-learn, but we have learned it all! It's so amazing how much and how fast we learn things here. Did you get the letter I set you last week that was all in spanish?? :) I don't know if the grammar is right, and I didn't know how to say some things, so I had to say it in a weird way..but still! :)
 
the weather this week ahs been SUPER nice!! I see the mountains right there, and want to go hiking SO BAD!! But I can't :( I hope I can in Chile on pday, but if not, it's all good. we'll just all have to go on a big hike when I get home! SPeaking of, I saw in the Provo Temple Cafeteria this morning a picture that totally looks like havasupai! <3 Like that first corner where there's that first tree covering over the trail! It looks JUST like it, and it makes me want to go this summer aagin really bad!!
 
I haven't seen bro reed much, so I figured I'd send my SD card home with a few other things I want to send. I have my jackets, a cardigan that got a hole in the elbow (don't throw it away though, I'll try to fix it when I'm home or something..I like it.. :) haha) and probably a few mor things, so i'll probably send it like next friday or something. We'll see.
 
Also, can you send me a few more last things? My gold cardigan from delias, it should just be hanging in my closet. Another pair of jeans, probably the ones that say the brand in red along the inside of the waist? (sorry, I can't rememmber what it says, but any of the jeans will do as long as they don't have holes in them :) ) and my 3/4 sleeve brown tshirt. that should be in my closet too. And if you have time (and you can use my money in my account) can you get me some more 3/4 down east shirts? I can't wear the capsleeve by themselves, and that's pretty much all i brought. And I feel like Chile might be too hot to wear a cardigan everyday. So maybe like black, light pink, grey maybe, i odn't know, whatever they have. And only if you have time. If not, it's not that big of a deal. Just remember, it would probably have to be sent by monday or tuesday, so i can pick it up by saturday. So don't stress if you are all too busy :)
 
Ask grandma and grandpa porter if they have been getting my emails. I emailed them once or twice just telling them I've gotten their package/dearelder and things :)
 
One last thing I thought of... tithing for selling my car. Can you get that all set for me too please? I didn't even think about it!
 
Thanks so much familia! I miss you all tons!
Can't wait to get to talk to you in a week and a half!! :D :D :D !!!!!
I"ll probably send you another letter today more in spanish :) and just stuff individually for each of the kids and answering what they all wrote me. so expect that in a few days as well. :)
 
Love and miss ya!
--Hermana Severtson

No comments:

Post a Comment